My First Facebook Development Journey: Extended Permissions, FB AS 3.0 Client Library, and Application Tabs

by

On a recent project, I had to create a Facebook Flash
application where the application will live in a Facebook application tab on a
fan page. The whole Facebook application development was very new to me. During
that time, because it was a Flash application, it seemed the most sense was to
use the Facebook and Adobe supported Facebook AS 3.0 client library which can
be found here.

Papervision Wish List

by

I’ve been using Papervision 2.0 for several months now, and while I’ve been able to get it to do most of what I want it to, it has been a tedious journey. If I were to do this project over again, I’m not sure I would choose Papervision, unless they make some improvements.

I’ve put together a short wish list of things I’d like to see done to Papervision:

Kenmore Live Studio FaceBook Application Released

by

Grio, in partnership with Fluid, have released a Facebook application where fans of Kenmore can go to interact with Kenmore's Live Studio event. Kenmore's Live Studio contains a live video feed of special events, rsvp to these special events, watch past events, and chat with other Kenmore fans. 
The application was built using Adobe Flex, PHP and hooks into the Facebook API, the YouTube API (data and video) and Twitter API.

Installing an ISO file from Mac OSX to a parallels Windows instance

by

Yesterday I attempted to install Visual Studio 2008 from a DVD onto my
mac parallels Windows 7 instance. After sitting back and admiring the
pictures of happy Microsoft programmers provided by the VS
installation software, I heard a ticking sound coming from my
computer.  After several minutes, the install crashed. Some sleuthing
proved that the disk was scratched and worthless – a typical Monday.

Building a Better TileList: A Custom Scrollable TileList using Flex

by

I use a TileList component quite often when building Flex applications. Recently, I was asked to create a nice, smooth, horizontal scrolling effect for a TileList containing a 3×3 page grid of 40 or so images. After many unsuccessful attempts to cajole the TileList into the proper behavior, I decided to roll my own.

It seems the fundamental problem with the TileList, which extends from the ListBase class, is its management of item renderers. It gets confused when attempting an animation to change the horizontal scroll position using an AnimateProperty effect. It seems that item renderers get confused when moving items into view using an effect.